Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Rodeo Time!

Saturday we got up early and headed out to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Katherine was so excited about all week long, everyday she woke up and asked if today was the day we are going to the rodeo, when answered not yet, she would say “Awww man!”. But Saturday, I got to say yes, and she ran downstairs, shouting “Today is the rodeo!” When we parked, Katherine told Colin that he was here last year, but he was in mommy’s belly. I enjoyed myself a lot more walking around this year since last year I was 9 months pregnant.

Katherine and Colin loved looking at all the animals. Both of them were in sensory overload in the beginning. They saw chickens, goats, cows, pigs, baby chicks, bunnies, and many more. They both “rode” on a tractor. With all that excitement, by the time we finished with the animals and looked at some of the shops, Colin was asleep in his stroller.

Katherine got to enjoy all the tasty goodies at the rodeo, Dipping Dots, Cotton Candy, Soft Pretzels, French Fries, but she wouldn’t try to funnel cake.. that’s okay more for me! She was eying my Yard Margarita, but she was shot down quickly!

Katherine’s favorite part was the carnival of course, Colin enjoyed watching Katherine ride the rides and play games. Katherine & I did the race slide; she went into a jungle gym, rode the Aladdin ride and the pirate ship that she rode last year. Katherine saw a dragon roll coaster and had to go on it. I asked her is she was sure, and if she wanted me to ride with her. Her reply, “No mom, I am a big girl, I rode all the rest by myself, I can do this. The first lap she was laughing, the second lap, she looked a little more serious, the 3rd lap, she screamed at the guy,” Please let me off, I want to get off NOW!”, which led to the 4th lap in tears! But she was fine when she got off. She said it was too scary for her!

Katherine and Matt had fun playing the carnival games and we came away with plenty of stuffed animals for the kids to play with. She was very upset when it was time to go, but after that long day, she was asleep by the time we left the parking lot!

Katherine and I got sunburned from being out there; it was such a pretty day. She almost made 4 years without a sunburn. Katherine’s shirt that day said “I love sunny days”, which was very true, even if they give us sunburns!

Sunday was beautiful again, so Matt and I did yard work while the kids went and played at my parents. They have a heated pool where they are living, so Katherine got to go swimming for the first time this spring.

It was a great weekend and I so happy to see winter FINALLY gone!

No comments: