Friday, July 2, 2010

Katherine's 4th Birthday - On the Island


Thursday was Katherine's birthday, I took the day off so she could have her own special day. Though we were feeling some side effects from hurricane Alex, we were not going to let that stop us. We picked up Russell and Lara and headed down to Galveston. We left Colin at school, though he would have enjoyed the trip, I really wanted the day to be ALL about Katherine.
We went down to the Aquarium at Moody Gardens (thanks Brandon)! Katherine had a great time seeing all the fish, sharks, turtles, penguins, and stingrays. After the Aquarium we had lunch on the seawall and got to see a little bit of the mother nature at work. Even though Alex hit Mexico, we still have had lots of rain and wind the last three days.
We got home an opened presents. Katherine got an pretty pink baseball glove and princess ball, Colin liked it too, a painting set, a new Tinker bell game for her Leapster, and a stencil set to draw with.
I made spaghetti for dinner, one of her favorites. Afterwards the kids were running around crazy. I recorded a little of it, turn your volume up. And Katherine is not wearing any clothes since we were having spaghetti, I didn't want to spend the night scrubbing it out of her dress!



So that brings to close Katherine's week and a half long celebration for her 4th birthday, I think she had a great one. This morning she told me that we were not going to work or school today, but going back to the Aquarium, I promised her we will go again, with Colin, but NOT today!

No comments: