Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This weekend my sister-in-law's family rented a beach house on Crystal Beach (a ferry ride over from Galveston Island). Friday night as I was packing for the beach, I did not say anything to the kids about the beach, I didn't even mention the word beach. Colin came up to me when I was packing the floaties and said VERY clearly " The Beach, I WANNA GO!" He went over to the TV and said "Turn off, Go BEACH!". Gotta love his enthusiasm for the beach!

Saturday morning we woke up and it was raining, we have been in a drought for months and of course we get a big storm the morning we are heading down to the beach. It rained the whole way down there. It sprinkled our entire ferry ride, but the kids still had a blast on the ferry looking out at the water and chasing seagulls and rained for about 15 minutes when we got to the beach house, then it cleared up and became a BEAUTIFUL day.
The kids and Matt & I had a blast with the rest of the family. We were at the beach house from 10:00am to 8:30pm. The kids got to take a break and go up to the house and eat lunch, cool off, and watch cartoons. They swam, fished with Uncle Russell, played in the sand with Aunt Lara and Kannon, looked for seashells with daddy, and hung out. About 4:30 Colin was tired, he was getting fussy, so we went for a swim… he was so tired he fell asleep in my arms in the ocean. He then slept for about an hour in the tent on the beach.After dinner, we headed back home. We got on the ferry right at sunset, it was a beautiful ending to a perfect day. It was great to spend the day with our family and have a full day on the beach. Sunday we were so exhausted, we just hung around the house.

3 comments:

Wayne B. said...

Such beautiful pictures of the beach. Making me "homesick".

The Depews said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We haven't been to crystal beach in ages. It was such a mess after Ike I have been a little afraid to even consider it.

Lara Bynum said...

I miss it already! I loved that we were the only people there. The whole beach all to ourselves. And it was very pretty!