Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 day weekend - WHOOO HOOO

This weekend was none other than full of fun and kept us busy.. A normal weekend in our house.. Except it was a 3 day weekend! Matt had off of work and Katherine was off of school for Martin Luther King day, so I took off of work to have a family fun day.

Saturday Katherine and I had a girls morning with one of her friends. We took the girls to see Beauty and the Beast 3D. Katherine enjoyed the movie and of course had a blast with the 3D special effects. When they had snow, rain, or bubbles on the screen, you could see Katherine reach out to touch them. I think her favorite part was the 3D Tangled short before the movie. After the movie, we met up with all the boys for lunch. The kids had fun going to a restaurant with their friends. Colin, I think has a little crush on Katherine's friend, and at lunch her sat next to her for a little while, and to show his affection.. He licked her face :) That's my boy!
After lunch we went home for 15 whole minutes, got ready, and went to Matt's parents house for the afternoon and evening of football. Matt's mom, me, and the kids took a little break from football to go play at the park for a little while. We got home that night at 9:00pm. I left the house at 8:45am for the movies and got home at 9:00pm.. A long day.

Sunday we went to a friend's house to watch the Texans game, let all the kids run wild, and eat some yummy food. We had a fun day, just wish we would have won the game. But hey they made it to the playoffs for the first time ever AND even won their first playoff game.
Monday was a beautiful warm day (72 degrees) so we took the kids down to Galveston Island for the day. We ate lunch by the water and went shopping on the strand. The kids love the Strand.. They like playing on the big chess board, getting ice cream, looking at the tourist shops, and getting to buy things. It was a nice day to see the ocean. That's why I don't think I could ever move from Texas… the cold is not my friend!
Katherine for SOME reason.. wanted to buy this shirt.. she was begging to have it.. of course I said no, but not before I snapped a picture with her in it.

No comments: