Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Break 2012 - London & Camping with the grandparents

Better late than never, finally going to update from our Spring Break (March 12 - March 16). I had to go to London for business and since the kids were going to be camping with my parents, Matt was able to join me in London. Neither one of us have ever been to London, so it was nice that Matt was able to go with me.


We left Saturday afternoon and arrived Sunday morning and returned back to Houston on Friday night. I had to work Monday - Wednesday, so I was able to get 2 full days of sightseeing, jealous.. Matt got 5 days :). But I got to see all the "top must see things" to do in London on my 2 days. Was able to see Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Big Ben\Parliament, boat cruise on the River Thames, St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abby, Buckingham Palace, St James Park, Hyde Park, Soho, and got to visit a few pubs. Matt got to also go to the British Museum, War Museum, Temple Church, Art Museum, and some other cool places.



The kids were off having so much fun camping with my parents in San Marcus, that half the time we called from London, they were too busy to talk. They got to go on a train ride, paddle boats, glass bottom boat, see The Lorax at the movies, went fishing were Katherine caught her first fish, made smores every night, went swimming in the pool, and played at the park.



After a week of being away from them, we were ready to come back home. We had great weather in London, high of 60 and sunny everyday. I enjoyed my time with Matt just the two of us, it's nice to be Matt and Jennifer sometimes. It was fun sightseeing and having time together over some drinks in a pub. We came home to a nice St. Patty's Day crawfish boil at my brothers house and course big hugs and kisses from the kids!!



Here are just a few pics from London AND Camping:










1 comment:

Jenny said...

So glad you guys had a great trip! :)