Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ER Visit, Croup, Stomach Flu, Wedding, and More!

What a week it has been! Monday and Tuesday were quite, and then things got hectic from there.
Wednesday we could tell that Colin was a little congested, but it didn’t seem too bad until about 11 pm that night. He woke us up and was wheezing, taking slow breathes, and seemed to be struggling to breathe, and had a horrible cough. I steamed up the shower and sat in there with him for 20 minutes, but it didn’t seem to help. I figured it was croup, but not sure with Colin’s heart condition what that meant for him. So about midnight, we were off to the ER.
We were there for 6 hours under observation. Thank God it was just croup and they gave him some steroids and sent us home at 6:00am. His oxygen level normally is about 92% and had dropped to about 83%, but was back in the 90’s in the afternoon.
I had a client web call Thursday at work I had to be there for, so we got home at 6:30am, I slept for 2 hrs, then up to work for the rest of the day.
So Thursday was a daze!
Friday I was off to work to travel to Dallas to be in a friend’s wedding. Got up to feed Colin and BAM, I have the stomach flu! I WAS SO UPSET! I did not want to miss this wedding for anything, and how do you call someone and say I can’t be in your wedding because you can’t leave the bathroom.
Matt and I decided just to make our way to Dallas and just see how it goes. SO not only am I leaving Colin for the first time, I am leaving him after an ER trip, and now I have the stomach flu (which is actually good I was separating myself from him).
Colin went in for a check up with his pediatrician, and he was doing just fine!
My parents stayed at our house with the kids while we were away, we are very thankful for their help, I think they forgot how tiring two small children are! On Saturday, Matt’s parents picked them up and took them to his aunt’s Christmas party. It was the first time most of Matt’s extended family got to meet Colin. Katherine had fun playing and bossing around Jack, who is 1.
Luckily it was just a 24 hour bug and Saturday I felt great and was ready to PARTY.
It was a beautiful wedding and I am so happy for Sylvia and Will! We had a great time catching up with some old college friends! BUT MAN was it cold in North Dallas! When we left the wedding Saturday night, it was 29 degrees! BURRRRRRRR! One reason why I only lived in Dallas for 5 months!
Of course all this amongst holiday parties, Christmas shopping, and everything else the holidays comes with! Katherine is very excited about Christmas, they have been practicing Christmas songs at school. Just a few more days until Santa comes!

Santa already brought me a new camera! Can't wait to really get to test it out.

No comments: