Colin was not too sure about the cold weather and snow. It was really hard on Katherine being sick because we have to separate her and Colin. Katherine DOES NOT like being told she can’t hold, touch, or kiss on Colin! We kept them apart for about 3 days.. what a LONG 3 days it was.
Thursday Dec. 3 – Colin turned 8 months old! Time has really gone by fast. Here are the highlights for this month:
- Got his first tooth.
- Weighs 16 pounds, 5 ounces (on our scale) and 16 pounds 12 ounces at the doctors, so let’s say 16 pounds 8 ounces!
- Has begun to crawl/scoot backwards, we are working on forwards
- Can stand on his own if holding on to his crib
- Says Dada and Nana (when mad), still working on mama, he can say mmmmmmmm
- Lunges forward from sitting, onto his belly going after objects
- Loves to make noise with his fingers in mouth
Katherine is coming along well in school, she can:
- Count to 12
- Name shapes and pick out in the room what shape objects are
- Knows the days of the week, and months of the year
- Knows her ABC’s and colors
- Recognizes some letters of the Alphabet when written, especially K
- Knows some Spanish words and meanings.. thank you DORA
- Loves to paint her finger and toenails, have tea parties, and play princess
- Does NOT like ponytails right now, always wants her hair down
- EATS a ton of grapes