Monday, May 24, 2010

Beach, 2 ER Trips, Sno-Cones, and a Picnic

We had a very interesting weekend to say the least.

Matt and I took off work on Friday to have a Jennifer & Matt Day O Fun (any Friends fans out there - Joey & Janice Day Of Fun). We went down to Galveston and walked the strand (had some Pina Coladas and Margaritas), then went and had a nice lunch at the Spot with more Pina Coladas and Margaritas, then we went down to the beach for a few hours. Then back to the strand for a few more drinks :). It was a very nice day, not too hot, hardly and clouds in the sky. It was nice to relax on the beach, we even both fell asleep out there listening to the ocean, something we can't do when we take the kids. The kids spent the night with my parents (they got to swim at the pool and BBQ), while Matt and I FINALLY watched Avatar.

We were woken up at 12:30pm with my mom ringing the doorbell (my phone was in our room, but for some reason the ringer was off), my dad took Colin to the ER, he was wheezing and grasping for air. I went up there and they had given him the steroid shot and breathing treatment. His sats were in the high 70's when they got there, but by the time I got there his sats were close to 90 and he wasn't wheezing anymore. They wanted to transfer to Texas Children's, but I told them no need, his sats where on track, no more croup, so I had my dad take him back home. I am going to call Colin's pediatrician to see why Colin is prone to "Croup" and if it is really croup at all and have him tested for asthma.
Saturday were getting ready to go to Morgan's softball games, when Matt stubbed his toe and broke it (pinky toe) so he went to the ER to make sure it was broken and not dislocated. He just has to tape it to the next toe to help it heal. We finally make it out to the north side of Houston and catch part of Morgan's softball game. Katherine and Colin enjoyed cheering for Morgan, eating sno-cones (Katherine had 2), and playing at the playground. Then we went to Matt's parents to hang out and have dinner. Sunday was my company's annual picnic. They had a petty zoo, moonwalk, more sno-cones, volleyball court, and baseball field. Katherine of course had a blast at all of it, especially the three sno-cones she had (Colin had one). Katherine had fun bouncing and running around. Colin had fun for about an hour, then I think he was hot and tired (he only took a short nap before we went). We tried to get him to play, but after awhile we decided he was just too hot & tired and we needed to go. Katherine was bummed, but when we got in the car, they both fell asleep for 2 hours. I think they were both so exhausted from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, they just crashed when it was over.



Last night we stayed up late to watch the series finale of Lost. I have been a BIG fan since day one, have never missed an episode. I was happy with the ending of the series. But it ran late into the night and I am pretty tired today!

No comments: