Thursday, May 17, 2012

Heart Cath Monday, Proper sendoff party, & Mother's Day

First and foremost, Colin's heart cath is scheduled for this Monday May 21st at 8:30am at Texas Children's hospital. Please pray all goes well and the heart cath results show that he is a candidate for the 3rd surgery and they find no other problems (besides only having half a heart :)

I will post updates the blog & Facebook once we have them. The procedure should take 3-5 hours, then 6 hours in recovery. We might get to go home or we might have to stay the night. I am already a nervous wreck. Plus all four of us just got over the stomach flu. I called the hospital to make sure Colin was still fine to go on with the procedure since he had it last week. They said it was still good to go since he is done with being sick. I pray over the weekend, we can all stay well. Needless to say, this will be a low key weekend. 

Last weekend we had so much fun, that it will be fine to take it easy this weekend. Saturday night we had a going away party for our friends who are moving to DFW area. They are going to be missed greatly.. we promise to come visit!! Katherine has been so upset that they are leaving, so we had to give them a proper sendoff. The kids loved playing in the backyard. It was a great evening with friends.


 It's all fun and games until kids attack!!! And yes that's Colin in the spiderman mask beating up everyone.


 Sunday was Mother's day.  I woke up to beautiful flowers and cards. Katherine made a whole bunch of stuff from school. One thing was a book about her & me. It was very cute and creative. Like drawing our favorite food (she put both of ours as macaroni), our favorite colors, and what she likes to do best with her mommy, which is going to the zoo. The only sad thing was that she listed my age as 48.. OUCH!!! Guess she can't be perfect!

I got to pick what I wanted to do for the day, so of course I picked going to the beach. It was a beautiful day, the water is still a little too cold to get into, but I love just hanging out on the sand and playing. The kids did get in up to the knees. Me.. no thanks, I like it when it is warmer water!
On the way home, we got ice cream. Katherine ate her whole cone, Colin on the other hand was so tired, he kept falling asleep WHILE eating it. It was so funny I had to video it. He finally dosed off completely and Matt and I finished the ice cream cone. When we got home, 45 minutes later, Colin woke up and looked all around his seat. I asked what he was looking for and he said "My ice cream, where did it go mommy?" Ha ha ha ha




Katherine said it was the best mother's day yet, I just might have to agree with her. I even got to come home and take a nap! Mother's Day rocked!!!

No comments: