Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gymnastics, Chili cook off, Gators, and Bake Sale

 
Katherine decided for this spring season not to do soccer. This will be in the first time in 2.5 yrs that we are not spending our Saturdays on the soccer field. At first, I have to admit I was a little bummed, but excited to see her start something new and it might actually be nice to have our Saturdays back. She has had 2 lessons now for gymnastics. She really likes it so far and it is picking it up pretty good. She goes every Tuesday night until the end of April. Sorry for the poor picture quality, it was taken behind some dirty, smudgy glass.
Learning how to do a handstand
She is all legs lately
Learning to flip on the bars

Saturday we took the kids over to my parents for a little while so we could go down to Galveston to see some of my friends at a Chili-cook off. It was a nice day to have some adult time. Though I learned later it hurt Katherine's feelings that we went & did something without her. Her words to me were "I know you love daddy, but it unfair to do things without me. I need you too". Very sweet, I think part of the neediness lately is her not knowing how to express some of her fears about Colin's upcoming surgery.  Though Saturday night she got to pick the movie "Beverly Hills Chihuahuas Part 2", glad I had some wine in the house to sit through that one.. talk about unfair :)

Sunday was a gorgeous day so we took the kids down to Brazos Bend State Park, known for it's alligators. We saw 20 of them and about 60 turtles. The kids loved the nice walk and off course the playground!! It was a great family outing. 






This week at work we held a bake sale to help raise money for Team Colin's Annual Heart walk. I just have to say how amazing of a company and co-workers I have. First of all for my volunteers to bake on their own time for 3 days to supply us with all the goodies. We made $416 from the bake sale. I am so grateful for the support my whole office shows for Team Colin. As of today, Team Colin has raised $1,886, which my company matches dollar for dollar, so REALLY we have raised $3,772. It's not to late to sign up to walk with us, the walk is free and there will be a family funfest afterwards with live bands, moonwalks, rides, games, and food.

http://events.itsmyheart.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=5218

No comments: