Monday, April 19, 2010

First day in the Pool, Tubes in Ear, and More

Matt was gone all last week to a training seminar in Philly, I was outnumbered! Luckily my parents are so close; they came over a few times that week to help out. Matt got home late Friday night and the kids were so excited to see him. They both were wired all night long, finally at 10pm; we made them go to sleep. Katherine had a hard time this week without Matt being around. Matt usually reads her bedtimes stories, guess I don’t read them as well!

Saturday started off cloudy, but it cleared up and we took the kids over to my parents to go swimming. For those who don't know, my parents sold their house a few months ago and once my mom retires in May, they are going to pack up and travel in their 5th wheel for awhile. So they are staying close to us at an RV park unitl their new lifestyle takes into affect. It was Colin’s first time in a pool! Of course he loved it, it’s a big bathtub! Katherine can swim on her own for about 4-5 feet. She was diving down in the water getting a ball. Both of the kids cried when it was time to get out of the pool. My mom fixed a nice BBQ meal, and afterwards Uncle Russell took them for a walk in the park. The kids were so exhausted, they both slept really well that night. Katherine chopping down on some steak!

Sunday, the rain came! We made cupcakes inside and watched movies. It was nice to have a relaxing day after a hectic week (hats off to all single moms)!

Katherine is so spunky lately. The things she says and does just makes us crack up. This weekend she said she needed to get her haircut because it was not beautiful anymore! We took her to a buffet on Friday night and could not believe she did not explode! She ate a taco, spaghetti, mashed potatoes, 2 big rolls, corn on the cob, THREE chicken legs, cantaloupe, strawberries, cake, and ice cream, and some gummy bears! I thought I was going to have to roll her out like Violet in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Violet, your tuning violet!) She saw a picture of her this weekend from when she was a baby (it was at a party), she told Matt “Daddy remember when you took me to the restaurant when I was a baby, that was adorable!” She is really into Scooby Doo lately. She told me the other day she likes Daphne, she wears purple and pretty hair. When I asked if what about Velma, she told me Velma looked like a boy and her hair was not very pretty.

Colin’s eating has really picked up lately. He is enjoying table foods more and more each day. This weekend, he ate nonstop! And was drinking about 7 ounces of milk each bottle, one he even drank 8 ounces in 10 minutes! Colin will be having tubes put in his ears May 4th. He has fought an ear infection for the last 3 months, several rounds of antibiotics, so the best treatment is tubes! I had tubes as a child; his doctor said it was largely hereditary, sorry Colin! Good news is that Colin can stay off propanolol which was one of his heart medications! So he is just down to medicine twice a day (blood pressure and small dose of reflux in the morning and aspirin, blood pressure, and reflux in the evening).
Help, I got in, but how do I get out?????

1 comment:

Jenny Lincoln said...

Yea! Glad to here things are going so "normal" for your family! Isn't normal wonderful? :)