Thursday, July 2, 2009

Katherine's 3rd birthday - Moody Gardens


Since I am still on maternity leave for one last week, on Katherine's birthday I took her down to Moody Gardens for the day. We packed up early and went to my parents to drop off Colin. 5 minutes into the car ride, Katherine announces she pooped her panties ( the joy of having a toddler who is 90% potty trained). If it was just me and Katherine, I would have stopped at a store to change her, but since we had Colin and I really don't take him to public places, Katherine had to sit in it until we reached my parents.
We met up with an old friend of mine that works at Moody Gardens and he gave us the star treatment (thanks Brandon).
Katherine went to see the rainforest, 3-D IMAX on dinosaurs, and to the Aquarium. I kept asking her if the dinosaurs would be too scary, but she said she wanted to see them. During the movie, she would put the glasses on and off (off during the "scary" parts). She watched the whole movie except for the last 5 minutes, she said she was scared. I really think it was becasue I told her she could have a gaint pretzel after the movie, which she got as soon as we walked out.
They had a display where she could dig for dinosaurs bones, she thought that was a lot of fun.
On the way home, I got her a slushie and cheetos, which she devoured then passed out.
When we got back to my parents, Russell and Lara were there. They got her a Snow White dress up outfit to play in , she is really into Snow White right now.

No comments: