Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Colin is doing great.. mommy needed the doctors - Step Down Update # 5

Let's start with Colin first... Not too much to report, still playing the waiting game on the fluid draining. It has decreased day by day, we are almost to the point of getting the tubes out, estimate of getting them out maybe on Friday, then going home this weekend.. MAYBE. Hospital time lines can always move in either direction, so you just have to go with the flow. 

His sodium levels are almost back up to normal, so that is great news, so the sodium solution he is taking is working. All other labs are coming back normal, which is also great news. He is eating great actually and asking for food. Colin walked lots today, played in the playroom, even got to go outside the hospital and walk on the sidewalk and get to breathe the fresh air and see the sunshine. Our nephew came to play with Colin today, he loves to have visitors to play with. Both grandmas came and hung out today as well. 

So we are just waiting on fluid to drain and trying to keep a 4 year old entertained who is SO ready to go home! 

This morning, they were drawing a good amount of blood for all the labs. I can handle the finger pricks but this morning they had to use a needle. I have a long history with needles and fainting.. after they drew the blood, I passed out. Well the nurse told me I actually passed out 3 times and looked as if I was having a seizure. I was fine, my dad came up to the hospital to sit with me until Matt could get off of work. My dad took me home, I ate, had a long bath, and a nice nap in my own bed. I had not been home in 8 days,, guess it was a needed break for me. I got back up to the hospital after a couple of hours. So all the nurses know me now :) 


Cousin love
Riding in the elevator to go get some ice cream
Who doesn't love ice cream!!

No comments: