Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Fontan Surgery Update #1

They took Colin back to the OR this morning at 7:30am. He was nice and loopy from the sleepy medicine. They said it would take about 5-6 hours for his surgery. His surgeon was leaning towards his valve needing some work on it from looking from his last echo. But they won't know until they get in there to see. But it does make his surgery more complicated and if they work on the valve, they will have to stop his heart. Please pray that they can do the surgery without having to touch his valve. 

It was so hard to send him off to the OR this morning. He was telling me he can't wait to see sissy, he missed her already. I have to admit this was the hardest send off yet. Please God watch over our son and his medical team. 

Will update once we get more updates. 

Colin, me and his FROG (Fully Rely on God)
Colin and I this morning waiting on the surgeon
Colin and daddy
Colon after his "happy drugs", being a silly goose
Colin at pre-op getting his EKG
Colin's prize box for each ouch, poke, and prod

1 comment:

Melissa Cross said...

Sending prayers and thoughts your way. You're doing a great job. I'm so proud of you all. xoxo M